High School Football On WWZN

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Fri Sep 9 22:06:31 EDT 2005

  Driving through Lowell on my way home about 7:30 Friday evening, I
happened to hear a live high school football game on WWZN (1510 Boston).
Burlington at Billerica. I don't know who the announcers were, I heard 3
local spots for business in Billerica, Burlington, and Woburn. Going into
the spots was a recorded buffer "Friday Night Lights, 1510 The Zone". After
the spots, the announcers mentioned some of the other upcoming games they'll
be airing, involving Woburn, Melrose, Waltham and Lexington to name a few.
I'm guessing someone's buying the airtime for these games. I don't recall
hearing high school sports on a 50,000 watt Boston AM before (OK,. I know
WWZN isn't a powerhouse 50K, but...)

  I don't usually get a decent signal from WWZN on night pattern. Did they
"forget" to go to night pattern? Does the night pattern put a usable signal
into Billerica or Burlington?

Mark Watson