We're cranking out 10,000 milliwatts of power!!!

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Thu Oct 6 13:49:53 EDT 2005

<<On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:34:55 -0400, "Rob" <xtrovato@yahoo.com> said:

[BTW, can you please use your full name or air name when posting
here?]

> BTW....I thought 10 watters were required to jump to 100 watts years ago.

Not quite.

They were required to either upgrade to class A, or to move to the
commercial band as a secondary service (same protection priority as
translators).  If they were unable to find a permissible spot in the
commercial band, they could stay in the reserved band, again as a
secondary service.  If they were then bumped from the reserved band,
and if no TV channel 6 is nearby, they were eligible to move to
channel 200 (87.9 MHz).  If else fails, the license is cancelled.

-GAWollman