We're cranking out 10,000 milliwatts of power!!!

Rob xtrovato@yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 13:34:55 EDT 2005

> While at the website of my alma mater, I saw
> something that almost made me fall out of my chair
> laughing.  Read it for yourself, second sentence into
> the first paragraph...
>
> http://web.plattsburgh.edu/about/tour/wqke.php
>
> Nothing like trying to make a less than flea power
> operation look like something significant.  I wonder
> how many people that read that don't realize that its
> really saying 10 watts.

Worse.  The radio-info.com site says that "The Quake" is operating with NINE
watts.  ;-)

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/finder?call=wqke&x=0&y=0&is_unl=Y&is_lic=Y&is_cp=Y&sr=Y&s=C&sid=

BTW....I thought 10 watters were required to jump to 100 watts years ago.