WCOZ/WCAS DJ and "FM underground" pioneer Larry Millerreturns tothe air!

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Mon Oct 3 18:24:15 EDT 2005

At 06:16 PM 10/3/2005 -0400, Garrett Wollman wrote:

>And FM radios remained optional for quite some time.  I remember the
>first car my parents bought with FM standard was in 1987.  (It
>replaced a 1983 model which was AM-only.)

We were a few years ahead of you in the Fybush household, where mom's 1973
Olds Omega (AM-only, black vinyl interior, banana-yellow exterior, and
oh-so-1973) gave way to a 1981 Buick Skylark that had FM.

It was just a year later that local AM top 40 giant WBBF flipped to talk,
ceding top 40 in town to WHFM 98.9 and later WPXY 97.9. I maintain that
there was a direct connection there!