WCOZ/WCAS DJ and "FM underground" pioneer Larry Millerreturnstothe air!

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Mon Oct 3 18:39:33 EDT 2005

Garrett Wollman wrote:

> And FM radios remained optional for quite some time.  I remember the
> first car my parents bought with FM standard was in 1987.  (It
> replaced a 1983 model which was AM-only.)

   My first car purchased in late 1981 was a 1973 Oldsmobile Cutlass 2-door.
It had a factory installed AM/FM radio. I recall my first big road trip just
after I put it on the road, to Portland ME on a rainy turned to snowy New
Year's Day 1982. On the trip to Portland I recall listening to the "Star
Station for Northern New England"  WHEB (100.3 Portsmouth NH) which was AC
at that time, and WJBQ (97.9 Portland ME) which was Top 40.

Mark Watson