WCOZ/WCAS DJ and "FM underground" pioneer Larry Millerreturns tothe air!

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Mon Oct 3 18:16:22 EDT 2005

<<On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 18:13:43 -0400, Larry Weil <kc1ih@mac.com> said:

> In the 60's an FM radio in a car was an oddity.  I didn't have my
> first FM car radio until 1973, it was a manually tuned (with a dial)
> Audiovox that I bought at a stereo store.  FM radios as factory
> equipment didn't become popular until later in the 70's as I recall.

And FM radios remained optional for quite some time.  I remember the
first car my parents bought with FM standard was in 1987.  (It
replaced a 1983 model which was AM-only.)

-GAWollman