WCOZ/WCAS DJ and "FM underground" pioneer Larry Millerreturns tothe air!

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Mon Oct 3 18:13:43 EDT 2005

At 3:39 PM -0400 10/3/05, rogerkirk wrote:

>Of course, back the (60's) stations like WBCN had '0' ratings to
>start with, so they had nowhere to go but up.  I'm sure WBCN wasn't
>an instant hit and took time to grow - with some mistakes along the
>way.

In the 60's an FM radio in a car was an oddity.  I didn't have my
first FM car radio until 1973, it was a manually tuned (with a dial)
Audiovox that I bought at a stereo store.  FM radios as factory
equipment didn't become popular until later in the 70's as I recall.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH