interference on 1030....and other things. ;-)

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Nov 9 23:57:30 EST 2005

On 9 Nov 2005 at 13:27, Sid Whitaker wrote:

> For what it's worth, I pick up the Pru FMs at very
> distant points much better than the FM 128ers. For
> example, 'BCN is a consistent catch at the height of
> land on Route 2 along the Mass.- NY border, where the
> FM 128ers are splatter. I had them on US 2 in St.
> Johnsbury VT last weekend. Not bad. Of course
> co-channel interference may explain some of this.

Then again, I've heard WCRB in my car as far out as Chicopee.

I improved my reception of WCRB in my office by swapping the Sony radio that I bought in
1985 for an older Sylvania radio that I bought in 1968.  The Sylvania was, at the time, just
about the top AM-FM table radio I could get without getting stereo.  It seems much better at
rejecting these image signals.

Now the Sony is at home, and I have trouble getting WCRB on it, and the same is the case
with most newer radios.  My mother's portable radio that I bought her sometime in the 70s
isn't too bad, if I place the whip antenna properly.  I have a couple of old AM-FM radios that
have Conelrad markings and vacuum tubes, and they get WCRB quite well.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581