(no subject)

SteveOrdinetz hykker@grolen.com
Tue May 17 20:30:52 EDT 2005

  Donna Halper wrote:
>Yes but stories of brutish and bigoted tactics by interrogators HAVE been
>verified in the past. Given what was done at Abu Ghraib and what has been
>done in extreme secrecy at Guantanamo Bay by interrogators who in one case
>used sexually suggestive tactics (like putting fake menstrual blood on a
>detainee and then not permitting him to wash before prayer), and given
>that released prisoners HAVE asserted that their holy book was mocked and
>desecrated as a tactic to break their will,

What rather irks me about this is that there seems to be a double
standard.  Where's the worldwide outrage when Americans are brutishly
treated or murdered, or our flag is burned?  Yet, when Americans do these
things we're somehow the lowest form of scum.  As I recall, Muslim
governments have destroyed religious objects of other faiths, yet somehow
we're supposed to revere theirs?