WNSH/WPEP - why a power increase?

Jibguy@aol.com Jibguy@aol.com
Fri May 13 20:01:14 EDT 2005

In a message dated 5/13/2005 3:27:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
radiojunkie3@yahoo.com writes:
I'll be honest in asking, WHY would Willow Farm want
to put a 50,000 watt signal that "feeds the fishies"
and very little else?  The electric bill will be
staggering for the amount of potential listenership
gain (if any).  The night time signal will still be
what it is now.  Only the applicant knows for sure.
My guess is that there is an additional reason that no one has thought of
yet.  Maybe the calls will change to WNVA, WNOV, etc...and serve the western
shores of Nova Scotia. It's been done before...  (WTOR, north of Buffalo).   Maybe
Keating Wilcox is from, or family is from that area.  There is no AM station
anywhere left on the western part of Nova Scotia.  But maybe not, the economy
is lagging (being kind) up there, so it certainly would not be a financial
success.  Well at least, WNSH-1570 would be heard well in every little gift shop
from Salem to Rockport, even ones inside buildings built the radio-unfriendly
materials.
---Bob Bittner