Endicott College Will Be A Hard Hat Area

Dan Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Wed May 4 17:15:44 EDT 2005

Allegedly, the three towers are there already and have been for several
years. No tower construction is planned. Probably just new transmission
lines and new fences further from the towers to comply with safety
regulations on human exposure to RF energy. Maybe there will be a new ground
system after the existing radials vaporize or melt ;>) The application says
that the ground radials are on top of bear solid rock--probably the poorest
conductivity of any "soil" beneath an AM ground system anywhere--although
maybe some rooftop systems are as bad. OTOH, the rooftop systems (except for
KTNQ/KTLK--which can be argued don't really have a rooftop ground system)
are all for low-power stations. Since Keating Willcox, who owns WNSH, reads
this list, we may get an answer soon about the fences and the diameter of
the ground radials. I believe that #14 AWG copper wire is the industry
standard.

Dan Strassberg, Contributing Editor
EDN Magazine | Reed Electronics Group | www.edn.com
Fax 707-215-6367 | StrassbergEDN@att.net
*** CONTACT ME BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO SEND ATTACHMENTS LARGER THAN 1 Mbyte ***