BRW: ESPN 890 soon to debut

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@myway.com
Tue Mar 29 16:35:38 EST 2005

The latest edition of Boston Radio Watch (http://www.bostonradiowatch.com ) says that the new ESPN-affiliated station at 890 will soon debut (anyone got an exact date?) and that ESPN's overnight shows are now gone from WEEI, replaced by Fox Sports. 'EEI had already been carrying FSR's J.T. the Brick, of course. Oh, and 890 is hiring.

btw when I was up in NH (south of Ossipee, heading back to the North Shore via Rt 16) on Sunday afternoon, I was picking up WWZN 1510 half-decently, and they were carrying the NCAA playoffs. WEEI had a Sox exhibition game on (also came in well), but they soon also started carrying the same game (U.N.C.). Whomever was doing the NCAA playoffs (Westwood One?) apparently had no prob with two stations in Boston (under separate ownership) carrying the game. Maybe they figured they'd put the game on WWZN as WEEI had the Sox, and WEEI could also "join in progress" later.