Uncle Gus Dead At 85

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Sun Mar 20 20:53:24 EST 2005

Mark Watson wrote:

> Also, clips of the interview with Gus from the WMUR 50th anniversary
> special were shown along with the rare film clips of the Uncle Gus Show.

Any footage of Gus with the low-tech U.S. map? He'd select a kid to come
up and answer the name of states as he would point to them.  I forget
the details, but once a kid got one wrong, "Boink!" as he would gently
tap the cardboard map on their noggin.  Good stuff.

I always enjoyed Uncle Gus, with most of my viewing between 1966 to 1972
or so, growing up in Dracut. That, along with Rex (Trailer), Captain
(Bob Keeshan) Kangaroo, Romper Room with Miss Jean (Harrington), and an
aging black & white Magnavox with a box of tubes at the ready and we
were good to go.

Bill O'Neill