True radio geek dream

Matthew Osborne mattosborne1976@yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 11:47:35 EST 2005

Last night I had this very unusual dream that only
other radio geeks can truly appreciate or even
understand.  I dreamed that I was at this radio
station somewhere, it it was located in someone's
house.  The studio was located in this closet off of
the master bedroom, and it was a country station.  It
ran the show 'American Country Countdown,' and the
studio had a very odd setup.  It consisted of a
computer without a working monitor, and a small alarm
clock with a CD player somehow wired into the system
as the studio CD player.  Because the countdown came
in on CDs, the show actually ran off of that alarm
clock CD player.  Well, the first segment of the show
ended, and it came time for the first local commercial
break.  Whoever was working hit the wrong button on
the computer, and some strange music started playing
over the air.  Since the computer monitor was broken,
they couldn't tell what they had done, panicked and
switched the studio speakers to something else to
listen to.  At this point they asked me to fix the
system.  All I did was came in, cued up the next show
segment on the CD player, switched the studio monitors
back to where they belonged, the song playing on the
air was ending, and as it faded out, I started the
next segment of American Country Countdown.  At that
point, everything went back to normal.

    So I guess that even though I've been out of radio
for 4 years now, once its in you you can't ever truly
get it completely out of your system.

                                 Matt Osborne
                                 Poughkeepsie, NY