WSMN Sold And Expected Back On The Air Soon

SteveOrdinetz hykker@grolen.com
Sat Jul 2 08:23:07 EDT 2005

Of course, the big challenge is getting anyone to listen.  Neither 900 nor
1590 have much of a track record in that dept. over the years despite
numerous attempts on both frequencies to do "local" radio.  I doubt that 5%
of the population in the area even knows the station(s) exist.  I assume
"Bargain Box" is another trading post/swapshop-type show?  Now there's an
audience magnet!

While I'm as sad as anyone on this list to see any station go away, the
realist in me recognizes that it's a tough go for a signal-challenged AM
these days...even one with a heritage of being consistent and doing it
reasonably "right"...something neither of these stations has.  I wish Mr.
Monahan luck...he'll need it!