Air America's Impact Hard To Read

Mark Laurence mlaurence@mindspring.com
Tue Jan 18 20:18:56 EST 2005

On Jan 18, 2005, at 6:16 PM, Laurence Glavin wrote:

> Well, the Fall Arbitrons for Boston are out, and one question
> many are asking:  how's Air America doing?  Well, the WXKS-AM
> half saw a noticeable decline over the Oct-Nov-Dec period,
> buy WKOX-AM moved up.

Check the TSL.  It is huge for both stations.  The challenge for
Boston's New Progressive Talk Radio Network* is to get the word out
that it exists.  They're running ads on taxi-tops and in the Phoenix,
so maybe that will have an impact.  The impressive audience
satisfaction should help Clear Channel develop some patience for
long-term results.

I also noticed they've started streaming their local signal online at
http://bostonsnewtalk.com .

*It's not Air America programming from 9 AM to noon, and from 3 to 6
PM, but they sure could use a better name.

Mark