Make-Goods

Garrett Wollman wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Jan 10 15:17:07 EST 2005

<<On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:54:43 -0500, "rogerkirk" <rogerkirk@mail.ttlc.net> said:

> What constitutes the need to "make good" on a commercial?
> Who decides if a make-good is called for?

I would expect the advertiser's (or agency's) contract with the
station (or agency) would spell this out.  If it were up to me, I
would say that the commercial hasn't run unless it was broadcast
uninterrupted, in its entirety, in the amount of time contracted for.

> Other reasons?

Distortion caused by non-failure in the audio chain; e.g.,
time-compression or -expansion caused by entering or leaving delay, to
the extent that the message is overshadowed.

Reduced coverage caused by use of auxiliary transmitter or other
emergency facilities.

-GAWollman