Make-Goods

rogerkirk rogerkirk@mail.ttlc.net
Mon Jan 10 14:54:43 EST 2005

What constitutes the need to "make good" on a commercial?
Who decides if a make-good is called for?

Which of the following would qualify:

Running the top-of-the-hour ID over the last few words of the
commercial?

Running two commercials simultaneously for 5 seconds and
killing one of them?  Does the one that aired have to be made
good?

1 or 2 second audio dropout in the middle of the commercial?

First 1 or 2 seconds lost because the "pot was down?"

Extraneous audio over the middle of the commercial.

Distortion caused by failure in the audio chain.

Other reasons?

I know that years ago, I heard that some TV stations would not
"guarantee" that a color commercial would air in color.