Air America's night signal

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Mon Jan 3 22:04:41 EST 2005

>>Anybody heard about plans to improve the night signal of WKOX or WXKS?
 I can barely get them here in Quincy-- I don't know if other people on
the south shore are having problems with them too.  I had heard a while
back that there were plans in the works to at least do something with
WKOX's signal, but not sure what happened to those plans...<<

WKOX has a CP to move to Newton and increase power to 50 kW night and
day (at the present WUNR site, IIRC), but the plan was shot down a few
months ago in the Newton City Council.  Beyond that, nothing's been
planned.

WXKS has no plans that I'm aware of.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC