Air America's night signal

Mark Laurence mlaurence@mindspring.com
Tue Jan 4 21:45:21 EST 2005

On Jan 4, 2005, at 8:56 PM, Bill O'Neill wrote:

> Definitely something to keep an eye on.  Do we know if there is any
> correlation between the TSL and the numbers?

TSL is a good way of measuring audience satisfaction and commitment.
Air America's TSL was unbelievably high in its first extrapolated
month.  It was 3 or 4 times the level of other stations in the metro,
number 1 or 2 in most dayparts.  If the station can attract a bigger
cume of people with the same kind of satisfaction, their numbers will
go through the roof.  But sometimes the cume is limited.  High TSL
often goes to foreign language, religious, and niche format stations
with a small but very dedicated audience.

The big question for Air America is, will liberals and other interested
political junkies continue to tune in with the passion they showed in
the first month?  And, what is the potential cume for the stations?

Mark