Wall Street Week/Fortune

Damon Cassell dcassell@gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 19:04:56 EST 2005

Dividing satellite subscriber base by channel is, at best, a pretty
poor attempt at radio-industry apology. It's simply an example of the
'old think' that is ruining radio and implies that satellite listeners
are loyal only to one channel, which is far from the case.

I'm sorry, but tired old radio industry formulas like cume simply
don'y apply. XM saw it's subscriber base increase by nearly 70% last
year. Can you think of a radio station that can ever claim anything
that approximates?

Damon