Mentioning the Competition's Call Letters???

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Sat Feb 12 13:31:49 EST 2005

>From: rogerkirk <rogerkirk@mail.ttlc.net>
>To: BRI <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
>Subject: Mentioning the Competition's Call Letters???
>Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:19:54 -0500

> Today on WBZ the newsman referred to the President' Weekly Address
> "as heard, right here on WEEI - I mean WBZ..."
>
> Do they work for competing stations?

I believe the newsman was Bill Lawrence; I heard it too.
The first thought that passed through my mind when I heard it
was that Bill was listening to WEEI as he drove into work.
A couple of years ago, when Jordan Weinstein began doing the
6:00 am - 9:00 am announcing shift on WGBH-FM after being
jettisoned by Jane from WBUR, I heard him say "WBUR" at least
once.  Occupational hazard?