Mentioning the Competition's Call Letters???

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Feb 12 13:42:24 EST 2005

>it was said--
>
>I believe the newsman was Bill Lawrence; I heard it too.
>The first thought that passed through my mind when I heard it
>was that Bill was listening to WEEI as he drove into work.

I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time!) but didn't Bill Lawrence
work for WEEI a long time ago?  I have heard a number of d.j.'s mistakenly
use the call letters of a former station out of habit-- I recall in the mid
60s when Jefferson Kaye left WBZ for WKBW in Buffalo, and his first night
on the air, he used the WBZ call letters several times, and got really
upset with himself when he did!