Boston-Radio-Interest Digest, Vol 9, Issue 37

Dan Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Fri Feb 4 08:10:44 EST 2005

Well, WWZN is in a parking lot. Two towers within the paved area and two
beyond it. WXKS's towers--or at least one of them--were in the parking lot
of a sub shop. Last time I passed by 99 Rvere Beach Parkway, it looked as if
the sub shop was long gone, but I'll bet that the area surrounding the
towers is still used as a parking lot. And if the Newton Aldermen had
obliged, the folks at WCRB would by now have evicted WRCA from their parking
lot. Also, what's the situation with WLQV, which lost three of its 12 towers
to a WalMart. (I know that WLQV now operates 50 kW-D/10 kW-N DA-2 from the
nine towers that remained after the WalMart was built, but I'd be willing to
bet that at least part of the land occupied by WLQV's ground system is part
of the WalMart parking lot.)

And BTW, did Air America's new LA affiliate--one of the two stations that
use the five-tower array whose ground system is on a warehouse roof--retain
the KXTA calls? The air personailities keep referring to the station as
K-Talk. There must be a dozen K-Talks, but only one AM can be KTLK. Last
time I checked, there was a KTLK (AM) in the Denver area, but that was quite
a while ago.

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
eFax 707-215-6367