Boston-Radio-Interest Digest, Vol 9, Issue 37

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Fri Feb 4 01:13:53 EST 2005

At 12:25 AM 2/4/2005, A. Joseph Ross wrote:
>On 3 Feb 2005 at 16:59, Scott Fybush wrote:
>
> > There's the 1020/1150 array in LA, which appears to be a rooftop DA
> > but really isn't - it's a conventional DA that's had a warehouse built
> > right around the towers. Each tower sits in a little well inside the
> > building, and each one has a conventional base insulator and ground
> > system at the bottom. The entire building, of course, is enclosed in
> > wire mesh to keep as much of the RF out as possible!
>
>The truly unique arrangements that some stations have boggle the mind!

The land values in parts of the LA basin boggle the mind!

Were it not for the creeping NIMBYism and more restrictive zoning in the
Boston area, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see something like that up
our way eventually.

For a really weird one, check out Friday's Tower Site of the
Week...Atlanta's WSB, right in the middle of a shopping center.