Oldies Format

rogerkirk rogerkirk@mail.ttlc.net
Thu Dec 29 14:21:52 EST 2005

While shopping in a Dollar-Tree store 2 weeks ago, I was surprised and refreshed to hear something new - The "Dollar Tree Network" not playing Christmas Music, but "Unsafe Oldies."  While shopping there, I heard:

Hey Joe - Jimi Hendrix
Baby Come Back - Equals
Good Thing - Paul Revere & The Raiders
These Eyes - Guess Who (actually safe)
Mellow Yellow - Donovan

Since there are Dollar Tree Stores all over the US (well, atleast  Raymond New Hampshire & Albany Orgeon) is it economically feasible to have a satellite channel just for BG music at a dollar store?  Or is it possible that somebody is syndicating Oldies via Satellite with a PC on site that mixes in local spots (Dollar Tree) with the dry network feed?