Christmas In July

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Thu Dec 29 16:16:59 EST 2005

 Roger Kirk wrote:

> Although July may be a slight stretch, it would appear that >96.7 The Wave
> hasn't heard that Christmas is over and >they're still All Holiday
> Wall-To-Walliday.  C'mon guys even >Bing Crosby/David Bowie gets a little
> stale on 12/29.

    Listening to WLNG (92.1 Sag Harbor NY) on line yesterday (12/28), I
heard a spot for a local business that starts with "the following sounds of
the season brought to you by" the business, then we hear 30 seconds of
"Winter Wonderland" by Kenny G. then a "season's greetings" closing tag to
the spot.

  While speaking of WLNG, are they the only radio station in the country to
mix in New Years themed songs in rotation? I heard 3 such songs in about 90
minutes yesterday, one by the Skyliners, "It's Just Another New Years Eve"
by Barry Manilow, and I can't recall the third one, but it was a doo-wop
sounding song.

Mark Watson