Weather Channel logo, programming

Steve West stevewest106@hotmail.com
Tue Aug 16 10:29:11 EDT 2005

I noticed that too.  So, I'm not crazy after all... LOL.

Observations:

1.  I don't like the blue square Weather Channel logo.  The old one was
better (picking nits here..)

2.  Agree with you that there should be MUCH more emphasis on local severe
weather and current US weather data.  They have the technology, why not
monitor thunderstorm activity more closely - hell, even I'm interested in
thunderstorm data for, say, St. Louis while I'm living 500 miles away.  Its
better than 'Storm Stories' reruns.

3.  Perhaps this would be better suggested in an email to station
management, but I think it's about time they launched a WC2 channel, just to
run "Storm Stories" and old hurricane data.  Maybe do something with the
History Channel just for Weather History.

4.  I was thinking about this this morning... does anyone remember several
years ago when the Weather Channel actually put out a CD of the best known
'hits' they played as background music?  I remember it vaguely as containing
some choice cuts including a favorite of mine from Al Dimiola(sp), and some
others.  Great Smooth Jazz album!  So can anyone tell me if they still offer
it or where I could get it?

And... since a few of us actually pay attention to the Weather Channel
programming, does that mean we're really BIG GEEKS, or just have too much
time on our hands?