Air America, et al..

Dan Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Tue Aug 2 07:52:36 EDT 2005

Well, CCU owns two big FMs in this market. Granted, there is little
commonality of interest between listeners to AAR and listeners to Jam'n and
Kiss, but if any attempt is being made to offer bonus time on 1200/1430 to
buyers of time on 94.5/107.9, it certainly isn't obvious. Unless that
material were truly objectionable, I think that most listeners to 1200 (me,
for instance) would welcome any freebie spots that could be substituted for
the same dozen or so PSAs that 1200/1430 have been running since the flip to
AAR. Some of those PSAs run four and five times within one hour.

At one point, 1200/1430 was running a ghastly PSA about asthma (began with
the sound of somebody gasping for breath--horrible). I called the recorded
listener line and complained about that PSA in particular but also about the
limited repertoire of PSAs that the Boston AAR stations run. There are
probably several hundred PSAs that a company with CCUs resources could get
hold of--if they just devoted a little effort to obtaining them. The asthma
spot disappared pretty quickly (I guess others complained too), but the plea
for a greater variety of PSAs seems to have fallen on deaf ears. I don't
know if there is a human being who minds the store at 1200/1430. If there is
and somebody can provide an e-mail address, I will be happy to write and
register my complaint once again.

Yes, I'm aware that 1200/1430 has started running a series of PSAs on
strokes within the last two weeks. But adding one series of three spots to
the rotation is scarcely enough; they need twenty or more such series.

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
eFax 707-215-6367