Air America, et al..

SteveOrdinetz hykker@grolen.com
Tue Aug 2 07:26:49 EDT 2005

  A. Joseph Ross wrote:

> > One day, I called the Stephanie Miller show, and when callers
> > are on hold, they can hear the audio of AM 1150 on Los Angeles.
> > Remember, Steph is on in morning drive there, and they're
> > L-O-A-D-E-D with real advertsing messages.
>
>I wonder how hard Clear Channel is trying to sell advertizing for those
>stations.  Could it be
>as Bob suggested some months back, that Clear Channel is signing up Air
>America on its
>stations in order to kill it?

I've wondered about that myself...many advertisers tend to avoid
controversial programming...often stating specific programs they do not
want their spots to run in.

As far as AA programming appearing sold out in some markets...I wonder how
many are actually sold or if they're just bonus spots (ie-buy a schedule on
our 3 FMs and we'll throw in x number of spots on our AM at no
charge).  Syndicated programming of any type can be tough to sell.