(no subject)

Mike G mike_ed@msn.com
Fri Apr 22 17:25:42 EDT 2005

>From what I understand, so far the reviews of 93.7's switchover to Mike has been less than enthusiastic, which is too bad.  For all of those complaining that the don't want their dance music mixed in with their rock music and vice versa, I think they have gotten too used to the fragmentation of too many formats out there in radio land.  I can certainly remember circa 1979 and disco was still in very heavy rotation on most top 40 formats, yet here comes " Another Brick In The Wall Part 2 " by Pink Floyd going straight to number 1 and I don't remember anybody complaining about what would be an AOR staple being mixed in with Donna Summer and the like of the day.  If anything, the biggest complaint that I have about 93.7 is that they have yet to fully embrace songs other than what they used to play when they were Star 93.7.  The day I hear Frank Sinatra, AC/DC, and Duran Duran played back to back and they do it with consistancy, is when the format can work at it's best, IMO.  Maybe it's me, but I always thought that as long as the song was good no matter if it was a " dance " song or a " rock " song and the DJ's were entertaining, that it was why we listened to the radio in the first place.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Keating Willcox<mailto:kwillcox@wnsh.com>
  To: boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org<mailto:boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org>
  Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 1:36 PM
  Subject: (no subject)

  in re: Jack or Mike or whomever,

  The real star in all this is 92.5, a very creative mixture of songs that
  are related by theme, artist, composer, or something more arcane. Exactly
  what happened when radio was first on, WNEW in New York and WBCN in Boston.
  Jocks would make playlists that were very creative and showed music
  knowledge and a sense of creativity. And a sense that their listeners were
  important, and that the craft of selecting songs for a playlist is important.

  Think about it. Why are so many of our listeners switching to Ipod, paying
  for what they could get for free. I hope Mike or its relatives can infuse
  our medium with a new standard of creativity.

  Sincerely,

  Keating Willcox ~/~

  WNSH AM 1570 Beverly
  'playing the best music ever recorded'