NY Times Jr. Cops Out

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Fri Sep 24 17:38:56 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Eli Polonsky <elipolo@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:39:15 -0400
To: Laurence Glavin <lglavin@lycos.com>,<boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org>
Subject: Re: NY Times Jr. Cops Out

> On 9/24/04 5:09 PM, "Laurence Glavin" <lglavin@lycos.com> wrote:
>
> >> From: Eli Polonsky <elipolo@earthlink.net>
> >> Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 01:46:37 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
> >> To: boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
> >> Subject: Re: NY Times Jr. Cops Out
> >
> > WERS for example has a following (soon to be diminished by
> > your departure) that recognizes it as a public station,
> > although not even NPR or PRI programs overlooked by the Bif
> > Two don't wind up there.
>
> Some of the NPR/PRI musical programs not heard on WGBH or
> WBUR can be heard in the Boston area on WUMB 91.9, nights
> and weekends. (You may hear it on WNEF 91.7 up there).
>
> Eli Polonsky

A couple of months ago, WUML-FM 91.5 in Loal
(I use that spelling because of the commercioal that
contains the line "there's a lot to like about Loal")
was off the air for a day or so.  This was after WPAA-FM
91.7 disappeared.  I tried mightily to get a clear
signal from WNEF, but it was FAR weaker than Mother
Ship WUMB.  I guess a DA, vertical-only signal doesn't
make it in Massachusetts.
(BTW, why do so many lower-powered non-comms
utilize vertial antennas only?)