Air America dumped in Portland

Daniel Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Tue Sep 21 20:15:37 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Weil" <kc1ih@mac.com>
To: "'Boston Radio Interest'" <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 7:32 PM
Subject: Re: Air America dumped in Portland

> I think it's a stretch to extrapolate the national viability of a format
> based on the decision of one station.  Perhaps, they just got a better
> offer from ESPN.

No more of a stretch than to trumpet AA's ratings vs. O'Reilly or in
Portland, OR as a measure of success nationally.

>Perhaps, they just got a better offer from ESPN.

Perhaps.  Or perhaps it had something to do with being dead last in the
market in the spring book.

> I still can't figure out why some right-wingers are so afraid of another
> point of view being aired.  Are they really that insecure in their
> convictions that they can't stand to hear of something else being aired?

Another point of view being aired?  What about CBS or the rest of the main
stream media?

What irked me was the hype and glee that the media showed in trumpeting AA's
arrival.  Nobody trumpeted Rush's arrival.  He established an audience and
the got publicity.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine