Air America dumped in Portland

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Tue Sep 21 19:32:16 EDT 2004

At 06:46 PM 9/21/2004 -0400, Daniel Billings wrote:

>Nassau is  dropping  Air America from 870 WLVP Gorham/Portland and
>replacing it with ESPN radio.
>
>http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/news/local/040921wlvp.shtml
>
>If liberal radio can't make it in liberal southern Maine, its viability
>nationally has to be questionable.

I think it's a stretch to extrapolate the national viability of a format
based on the decision of one station.  Perhaps, they just got a better
offer from ESPN.

Overall, AirAmerica is adding affiliates, but there will always be some
churn, that's the nature of the business.

I still can't figure out why some right-wingers are so afraid of another
point of view being aired.  Are they really that insecure in their
convictions that they can't stand to hear of something else being aired?

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH