Air America dumped in Portland

Garrett Wollman wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Sep 21 20:53:50 EDT 2004

<<On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:15:37 -0400, "Daniel Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net> said:

> What irked me was the hype and glee that the media showed in trumpeting AA's
> arrival.  Nobody trumpeted Rush's arrival.  He established an audience and
> the got publicity.

Ah, but Rush almost single-handedly created the phenomenon that made
Air America conceivable (if not inevitable).  If "conservative talk"
were not a well-established, highly profitable format, "liberal talk"
would not be noteworthy outside of the industry press.

As for me, I prefer non-left-right talk, somewhere along the Brian
Lamb--Steve Leveille axis, as opposed to the Savage--Franken axis.
Brudnoy claims to be a libertarian, and I can tolerate him in small
doses, but when he's on a rant I find him indistinguishable from one
of Salem's reactionary windbags even if his vituperation is
occasionally directed at the darlings of the right instead of the
left or center.

-GAWollman