Entercom flips NY talker to Air America

Matthew Osborne mattosborne1976@yahoo.com
Sun Sep 19 16:52:29 EDT 2004

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:45:21 Bill O'Neill wrote:

> Interestingly, Air America is
> tanking here, albeit on a weak Burlington area
> signal (1070?), amidst a
> dog-leg to the left liberal constituency.  Why? Less
> a matter of philosophy,
> more about just poorly executed talk radio, hands
> down.

Let's not forget too, that AM 1070 (WZBZ is the last
calls I can remember for that frequency) is a 5000
watt daytimer with a horrible signal even in its COL
of Plattsburgh, NY.  Regardless of program quality on
Air America (I have not yet listened to any of their
programming, so I cannot comment on that), how do you
compete in a radio market with such a weak signal that
barely even covers your primary money market
(Burlington VT 20 air miles away) during the daytime??
 Even if AM 1070 was airing Rush Limbaugh and Sean
Hannity, I still think the station would be in the
toilet ratingswise because you can't even get them at
all critical advertising hours of the day (especially
during winter, when they sometimes have to sign off
during afternoon drive time).  So, I would have to
disagree with your theory that Air America is tanking
in Burlington VT / Plattsburgh NY due primarily to
poor programming

                             Matt Osborne
                             Poughkeepsie, NY
                             SUNY Plattsburgh Alumni