Air America

A. Joseph Ross lawyer@attorneyross.com
Mon Oct 4 01:03:13 EDT 2004

On this morning's LTAR, Bob mentioned that he'd heard a lot of obnoxious rock music on
WXKS and thought it was a slap in the face to the WXKS adult standards audience to do
this before the format change.

But either Bob only listened for a short time or they changed what they were doing by the
time I listened on Friday night (and again today).  What they've been doing is playing music
with themes appropriate to Air America, such as the Beatles' "Revolution" and other songs
expressing patriotism, freedom, or something like that.  These were interspersed with
recordings of Al Franken reading from his book, "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them"
and promos for the upcoming format ("Starting this Monday, wake up on the left side of the
bed.").

I also found, unfortunately, that while I can hear both stations in my car, it's hard to get either
station's nighttime signal here in Brookline, even with my Sony 2010 radio.