WLLH off air

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Sun Nov 28 16:04:38 EST 2004

Mission Control wrote:

>Remember the Western Electric "back-up" transmitter next to it, Bill? I'm pretty sure I still have the original documentation for it! It was WLLH's first transmitter, IIRC, and when they moved from 4 Broadway it was offered up to the Smithsonian... they refused only because they wanted nothing to do with the PCB's in the caps... don't know whatever happened to it... wish I had grabbed it... heheh - though Mr. Lerner *did* let me take the old Coke machine. Oh, the crap I save.
>
>Mike

...and you're still charging a nickel a bottle.  You have to get with
the times, Mr. Mike.  You must still have fond memories of the original
broom-closet-WLLH-FM studio.  Can't believe it only a couple of decades
ago when the to-be WSSH-then-WKLB was a rack of RRs, a Flintstone-age
automation and carousel cart machines as old as Fibber McGee <g>.  A 50
kW FM that wastes no signal to the fishes as an afterthought to a 1
kW/250 AMer.

Bill O'Neill