WLLH off air

Mission Control miscon@miscon.net
Sun Nov 28 14:16:23 EST 2004

From: "Bill O'Neill" <billo@shoreham.net>
Date:  Sat, 27 Nov 2004 22:47:14 -0500
<snip>
>I remember being on the air there
>("Modern Country" incarnation) when the Lowell side failed (you could
>actually see the xmtr through the booth window)

Remember the Western Electric "back-up" transmitter next to it, Bill? I'm pretty sure I still have the original documentation for it! It was WLLH's first transmitter, IIRC, and when they moved from 4 Broadway it was offered up to the Smithsonian... they refused only because they wanted nothing to do with the PCB's in the caps... don't know whatever happened to it... wish I had grabbed it... heheh - though Mr. Lerner *did* let me take the old Coke machine. Oh, the crap I save.

Mike