WLLH off air

A. Joseph Ross lawyer@attorneyross.com
Sun Nov 28 00:10:34 EST 2004

On 27 Nov 2004 at 23:45, Scott Fybush wrote:

> The CDBS system explicitly states that it's not to be considered a primary
> source. I believe the FCC's own paper files are still considered the final
> authority when it comes to what's authorized or not - though even THOSE
> are incomplete. The FCC has no records of who was authorized for
> pre-sunrise and post-sunset AM power in the eighties, so it's basically up
> to stations to carefully preserve the authorizations they were issued back
> then by a now-obsolete computer system that calculated acceptable PSRA and
> PSSA power levels. Your government in action!

Sounds like some City of Boston agencies I've dealt with.  In the days of rent control, any
landlord who had a vacancy decontrol certificate was well-advised to keep it in a safe place,
and anyone buying a building with supposedly vacancy-decontrolled units was well-advised
to get the certificates from the seller.  Plenty of times, the Rent Board didn't have any record
of the certificates they'd issued.