WLLH off air

A. Joseph Ross lawyer@attorneyross.com
Sat Nov 27 23:39:42 EST 2004

On 27 Nov 2004 at 22:51, Bill O'Neill wrote:

> Yes, I think it was 78 when they were granted to go up from 250 night to
> stay at a kW.  I remember an FCC tech I spoke with years ago who said that
> the legal ID was "WLLH Lowell _and_ Lawrence" or Lawrence _and_ Lowell.
> Either was fine.  The "and" was part of the ID.  The ID could have also
> been "WLLH Lowell WLLH Lawrence" but that would have been too silly.

But it reminds me of the stations years ago that used to ID something like "WHDH and
WHDH-FM, Boston."  From what I understand, that's the legally correct ID, but it was more
common to say "AM and FM" after the base call letters.

The FCC database seems to be so full of errors, I wonder whether any station has ever been
accused of illegal operating when it was just the FCC database that was wrong.