New Format On WSMN?

Dan C dwcole@comcast.net
Thu Nov 25 11:19:59 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Watson" <markwats@comcast.net>

>   While scanning the radio dial about 9:45 AM today, checking who is &
> isn't doing Thanksgiving High School Football, I caught this on WSMN (1590
> Nashua):
>
> A continuous loop: a voice saying "CBS Radio Network Channel 42", followed
> by a tone for about 5 seconds, then repeating  "CBS Radio Network...."
> Is this a computer goof up, or stunting for a new format? Hmmm......

That would be one of the many satellite channels CBS uses to send to events
or programs. (For example, Channel 39 is used for :31 updates, special
reports and newscalls at :35).  CBS will usually send down an identifier
loop so the stations know they punched up the proper channel.  Sounds like
someone brought up a router by mistake and it got to the air.

Dan Cole