New Format On WSMN?

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Thu Nov 25 20:54:40 EST 2004

  Dan C wrote:
>That would be one of the many satellite channels CBS uses to send to
>events or programs. (For example, Channel 39 is used for :31 updates,
>special reports and newscalls at :35).  CBS will usually send down an
>identifier loop so the stations know they punched up the proper
>channel.  Sounds like someone brought up a router by mistake and it got to
>the air.

Or, more likely the station was airing a game (Ch. 42 is primarily used for
sports), and Westwood One never sent an "end of game" tone (yes, they still
use subsonic tones).  Happens way too often.  When I worked for WTPL I
wired a silence sense relay to the automation so that it would read 1 min
of dead air as "end of game"....still not foolproof...sometimes they didn't
wait a full minute before they put the loop on channel.