Herald column on WI radio host/Rice

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@myway.com
Sun Nov 21 08:39:46 EST 2004

Beverly Beckham of the Herald comments on the Wisconsin radio host who called Condi Rice an "Aunt Jemima"; you have to pay to access it (or be a subscriber) online (or can see it in the print version of the paper):

http://news.bostonherald.com/columnists/view.bg?articleid=55055

Beckham says that the host, "Sly", is doing it for fame and
ratings and asks what does a black person have to do in this country
to get respect when a very intelligent black woman is called an
"Aunt Jemima"? (By the way, when I talked about the mainstream
media downplaying this story, I meant the likes of CNN and the OTA
TV networks, not Air America, which has currently has slightly more affiliates than Baskin Robbins has flavors.)