Frank Ochieng, movie reviewer

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@myway.com
Sun Nov 21 07:32:24 EST 2004

Just wanted to clarify what I posted here recently about my friend Frank Ochieng, a movie reviewer known world-wide for his talents.
I used the word "amateur" but did not intend to mean "second rate"
as in "boy, that movie was really 'amateur hour'"! I meant he does this not as his main occupation (not sure what, if any, remuneration
he gets from this). He surely is well known amongst film critics,
though.

Frank, who is heard on Jordan Rich's WBZ show once every three
months (next show will be Dec. 4, I believe) contributes to
movieeye.com, Rotten Tomatoes, and the Online Film Critics society.
Noting his talents, I have given him advice and help in the past in terms of suggesting he write a newsletter (which he has, The Voicemakers) and launch a website; and I have had him on my own WMWM show numerous times since 1990 or so. So, Frank, my apologies for the use of the word "amateur"; admittedly, I do these postings in the wee hours of the morning after long nights at the post office and my brain may not have been working on all cylinders!

I hope the folks on the list can check Frank out when he appears
on Saturday night (into Sunday morning) Dec 4 on WBZ; am guessing
Garry Armstrong will also appear and it will be another fun
"Movie Night" with Jordan, Frank, and Garry! When it comes to
talking movies, Frank is definitely no "amateur".--Bob Nelson