Herald column on WI radio host/Rice

Mark Laurence mlaurence@mindspring.com
Sun Nov 21 12:40:01 EST 2004

On Nov 21, 2004, at 8:39 AM, Bob Nelson wrote:

> (By the way, when I talked about the mainstream
> media downplaying this story, I meant the likes of CNN and the OTA
> TV networks, not Air America, which has currently has slightly more
> affiliates than Baskin Robbins has flavors.)

Why should CNN and the major TV networks be playing up a story
involving a radio station with a 1.8 rating in the number 98 market in
the country?  That's about 8 thousand listeners.  Of course if Rush
Limbaugh had said something this offensive, it would get more play.
He's got an audience of 20 million (his own estimate).

As it is, the WTDY story is in media from Australia to Arizona.  Hardly
a conspiracy of silence.

Does CNN play up the rantings of every lunatic shortwave radio host in
the country?  1670 AM in Madison, Wisconsin isn't too much different.

Mark