WWZN / Celtics - Bill Griffith Column

Mark Laurence mlaurence@mindspring.com
Mon May 31 09:01:59 EDT 2004

On Saturday, May 29, 2004, at 08:22  PM, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> Realistically, I wonder how much interest there is in carrying the
> Celts.  Unlike the Sox or Pats, the Celtics don't charge affiliates
> anything to carry the games.  I don't think they have more than a
> handful of affiliates anyway.  Is there precedent anywhere for a major
> league team NOT having radio covverage?

In Montreal there were several years where there was no TV coverage and
no English radio for the Montreal Expos.  I think there was a period
where there was no French radio either, so there was no live coverage
of Expos games at all.  Now there is cable TV coverage of 25 away games
on a network that's not seen in the city of Montreal, and there is
radio coverage in both English and French.

Mark