WWZN / Celtics - Bill Griffith Column

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Sat May 29 20:22:53 EDT 2004

Hakim Madjid wrote:

>Griffith does bring up the possibility of the Cs
>moving to WEEI or BZ (of course these respective
>stations would have to find a sister outlet in the
>event of Sox or Bruins conflicts).
>
>I don't know, perhaps 96.9 would be interested in
>picking up the Cs rights?

Realistically, I wonder how much interest there is in carrying the
Celts.  Unlike the Sox or Pats, the Celtics don't charge affiliates
anything to carry the games.  I don't think they have more than a handful
of affiliates anyway.  Is there precedent anywhere for a major league team
NOT having radio covverage?