WNSH-AM 900 Off The Air...

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Sun May 16 14:13:35 EDT 2004

As of 1:30 pm today (05/16) WNSH-AM 900 in Nashua, NH
has been off-the-air.  This is no big deal, unless they're
setting up to become an AirAmerica affiliate as the AirAmerica website
says.  One interesting(?) sidebar:
the last time AM 900 in Nashua was off-the-air for
a protracted period of time, I could observe the signal
strength of WAMG-AM 890 COL Dedham (wink,wink);
today, it had only a minimal signal and was very distorted
as if I were in the path of a sharp null in the pattern.
A few months ago, when AM 1150 became WTTT, and
AM 890 picked up the calls AND became the only station
in metro Boston with the programming, 890's signal became
noticeably stronger in the Merrimack Valley.  If I
tried to listen to WNSH while driving in the area, there
was considerable splatter from WAMG.
Now, if they've changed the pattern to include a sharp
null in a northerly direction, wouldn't it
be more due North that ENE towards Methuen-Lawrence-Andover?
The way WAMG sounds now, it reminds me of a null WBZ-AM
once had on the Outer Cape.  Somewhere around the
Eastham visitors' center, WBZ faded and became very
distorted for a short distance.  That is no longer the case I believe.

Laurence Glavin
Methuen, MA