PRI (was: NPR's Ira Glass...)

Dave Faneuf tklaundry@juno.com
Sat May 15 22:59:10 EDT 2004

On Fri, 14 May 2004 13:16:25 -0400 "Joseph Pappalardo"
<joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com> writes:

> > "The World" (www.theworld.org) is a co-production of the BBC, WGBH
> and
> Public Radio International. (Basically, he Beeb provides bodies,
> WGBH
> provides facilities, and PRI supplies money and distribution)
>
> Funny though...I would expected to see the BBC carry it on one of
> their
> networks.
>
> I haven't seen it on any BBC schedule.

As I pointed out and Mike can back me up, the BBC is distributed in the
U-S by PRI.  As a matter of fact when The Connection was distributed by
PRI before NPR picked it up, the newscast that was provided to stations
by The Connection was the BBC, not NPR.
dave